You only have one pair of eyes, so take care of them! When it comes to wearing contacts, healthy habits mean healthy eyes. Follow these tips to help prevent eye infections.
- Wash and dry your hans before touching your contacts.
- Don't sleep in your contacts (unless your doctor says it's okay).
- Avoid wearing contacts while showering, swimming, or using a hot tub.
- Rub and rinse you contacts with solution each time you clean them. Never use water or spit!
- Never store your contacts in water.
- Replace your contacts as often as your doctor advises.
- Rub and rinse your case every day with solution, dry with a clean tissue, and store upside with the caps off.
- Get a new case every three months.
- Use only fresh, disinfecting solution in you case - don't mix old with new.
- Use on the solution you doctor tells you to.
- Visit your eye doctor often.
- Ash questions about how to care for your lenses and case.
- Take out your contacts and call your eye doctor if you have eye pain, red eyes, or blurred vision.
Follow these tips to maintain healthy eyes while wearing contact lenses. Also, it doesn't hurt to always be prepared - carry a pair of glasses with you in case you need to take your contacts out for whatever reason.