A healthy lifestyle is not only good for your overall health, but can lead to healthy eyes as well. If you make some health conscious changes in your life, as well as visit your eye doctor regularly you can help prevent some age-related eye issues like glaucoma and macular degeneration. Here are some helpful fitness facts to help motivate your lifestyle change.
- 45 minutes of exercise three times a week can result in cells that show fewer signs of aging. studies also show that this can reduce your risk of coronary heart disease by 65 percent.
- People who are physically inactive can lose as much as 3-5% to their muscle mass per decade after age 30.
- Walking at a brisk pace (a 15-minute mile or 4 mph) burns almost as many calories as jogging for the same distance.
- Exercise can be as effective as medication for relieving short-term anxiety.
- Missing our on your best night's rest can increase your chances of weight gain and trigger the production of gherlin, a hormone that causes hunger.